Hi AMA family!
As the Spring Semester comes into full swing, your AMA officers and executive board have had to make some tough decisions and effectively begin taking measures to ensure everyone’s safety during this difficult time.In light of the current situation around COVID-19, all events scheduled before March 30th have been cancelled. For all events after March 30th, we will be canceling all socials, community service events, company tours, coffee chats, and Marketing Career Fair.Content Committee meetings, Agency meetings, professional development workshops and certifications, and Tuesday Speaker events will all shift to online platforms. If you are a part of any of our programs we will be in touch soon!It may be disheartening to see these cancellations during these trying times, but we want to ensure that your AMA experience is not only fun but safe. We want to thank you all for your hard work and dedication to this organization. We are currently looking for ways to innovate and model events digitally and online! Please reach out to us if you have any questions/comments. We will do our best to answer your concerns and be there for you~Additionally, please stay safe! Don’t take this situation lightly. Practice preventative measures and be cautious while interacting with people. This includes washing your hands for 20 seconds, avoiding handshakes, and general social distancing.With that, don’t hesitate to reach out whether it’s AMA related or just to talk in general.
Sending virtual hugs!!
Remind everyone in your household of the importance of practicing everyday preventive actions that can help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.
There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.